Search This Blog

Friday, April 27, 2012

Grandad's Lap

another poem from years gone by that touches on the substance of part of our discussion in Weds night Bible Study.



Grandad’s Lap

one of the best memories
that i hold
is as a three year old
climbing up on Grandad’s lap
while he sat in the rocking chair

he’d wrap me up
in my favorite beach towel –
the pink one with the seahorses on it –
and we’d rock

i don’t remember
whether we talked or not -
it really isn’t important

what i do remember
is the security and love
and well being with the world
i felt
as i sat there
with my Grandad
and we rocked

even now
it’s that picture in my mind
sustaining me
as i bring my hurts
as well as my joys
to You
and climb up on Your lap
and from that perspective
learn what real security
and love are



© 1978 kathy jo schramm

No comments:

Post a Comment