Search This Blog

Friday, April 27, 2012

The Pruning Time

Discussion at our weekly women's Bible Study reminded me of something I wrote several years ago.  I decided it might be worthwhile to share it here.




the pruning time

there are times
when i feel
i have to work so hard
and grow so much more
than others
just to be me

i am tempted to rebell
and say it's unfair

and then i remember
You are working
towards perfection
with me
You are working
    not for the moment
    or for the day
  but for eternity

this is
one of those times

there are also times
when i feel i have grown
  so much
and You make me realize
if i am going
to look back to
where i've come from
i must also look forward to
where i am going
and who i am called to be

i get so discouraged
because it looks so far away
so impossible
out of my reach

then You remind me
that the only reason
i've come so far
is also the only reason
i can go on....You

this is
one of those times

i've made
a commitment to grow
and You are showing me
that for healthy growth
there's a need for pruning

it's necessary
to cut back
the places where
scars have formed over wounds
in order for a full blossoming to come

i know You would
have me fall short in nothing
through You
and i thank You
for this time of pruning

@1978  kathy jo schramm

No comments:

Post a Comment